El Camino Real Historic Trail Site
300 East County Road #1598
San Antonio, NM 87832
El Camino Real Historic Trail Site is about 30 miles south of Socorro on I-25, or halfway between Socorro and Truth or Consequences on the highway.
The Historic Trail Site is just a 5 minute drive east of I-25 at Exit 115 for easy on and off while traveling. The road to the Historic Trail Site and the Parking Lot is suitable for RVs and tour busses.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Prior to June 2013, El Camino Real Historic Trail Site was called El Camino Real International Heritage Center. Please follow the signs on I-25 to Camino Real International Heritage Center until road signs are changed.
From the North
from Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Socorro, etc.
- Drive south on Interstate 25.
- About 30 miles south of Socorro, turn off at Exit 115.
From the South
from El Paso, Truth or Consequences, etc.
- Drive north on Interstate 25.
- About 35 miles north of Truth or Consequences, turn off at Exit 115.
- From Exit 115, cross to the east side of I-25 to the junction with NM Highway 1. Follow the signs.
- Drive 1.5 miles south.
- At the rest area, turn left (east) at the sign, continue past the monument sculpture 3 miles.
- The Historic Trail Site is about 5 miles from exit 115.
Lost? Call us at 575-854-3600
Navigate using Google Maps